COVID-19 Food Safety Practices
Staying home and using a meal delivery service is statistically one of your safest options for food.
Since the virus was first identified, there have been no reported cases originating from food contamination. Nonetheless, we have taken extreme measures to ensure quality and cleanliness so that our loyal customers can receive delicious and fresh food safely delivered to their door throughout these trying times.
The CDC has stated that “Coronaviruses are generally thought to be spread from person-to-person through respiratory droplets. Currently there is no evidence to support transmission of COVID-19 associated with food [...] In general, because of poor survivability of these coronaviruses on surfaces, there is likely very low risk of spread from food products or packaging that are shipped over a period of days or weeks at ambient, refrigerated, or frozen temperatures.” - CDC.gov
Meal Prep Kingz Food Safety Certifications and Protocols:
- FDA Compliance - Our facility complies with all guidance and regulations under the FDA food code.
- FSMA – Our Food Safety Plan is administered by Preventative Controls Qualified Individuals (PCQI) for human food under the Food Safety Modernization Act.
- GMP – We train all our staff to follow Good Manufacturing Practices including hand-washing, gloves, hairnets, and use of personal protective equipment.
- SSOP - We strictly enforce our Sanitation Standard Operating Procedures ensuring our food manufacturing process remains sanitary at all times.
- HACCP – Hazard Analysis Critical Control Points. We analyze and address the probability of all food safety hazards to mitigate risk and implement preventative controls.
- CDC / WHO - We are monitoring and will continue to comply with guidance from the Centers for Disease Control, and World Health Organization.
Meal Prep Kingz is well prepared for a situation like this, as we maintain the highest standards in our kitchens for clean food handling. We have hundreds of processes and procedures in place to prevent everyday food born illnesses. Many of these same processes and procedures are preventive for COVID-19. We comply with all USDA, FDA, Federal, State, County and Local food safety regulations, and I have listed below several of the many steps we take to keep our facility clean. If you are considering whether it is safer to order our food, go to a grocery store, or order food via restaurant delivery, according to the CDC’s current guidelines on the coronavirus, services like ours should be significantly safer.
Our food is made locally and is in transit soon after being prepared, unlike out of state meal prep companies. We do not hand off person to person, but drop off the meals at your doorstep, making it extremely unlikely for the coronavirus to survive the transit, ensuring both customers and our staff are safe and healthy. Furthermore, we are a hygienic facility that uses gloves, frequent hand washing and disinfecting protocols, and clean rooms. Our GMP, Sanitation, and HACCP programs eliminate reasonable probability of any virus existing or spreading within our facility. In addition to the fact that customers never enter our preparation area, this makes us much more resilient to situations like this versus a grocery store or a restaurant. We have 50 well trained employees working in our facility and following these guidelines, whereas other establishments do not follow such rigorous procedures.
Contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org for additional information about how you can save on healthy safe meal delivery over the coming months.
Meal Prep Kingz Team